I am really disappointed ...

that my friend in China can't see this blog because it has been blocked, along with facebook and others!
So now I have a new blog at here.

Friday, June 25, 2010

tortoise and full moon






Yet another day working hard in the garden, and we found this tortoise!!! Being the middle of winter, I can only assume it is hibernating. It had pushed its way in under some cardboard that I had put there to mulch the garden. We prodded it to see if it was alive, and it simply pulled its head in tighter. So I put a piece of the cardboard back over it and and scattered a bit of hay over that. I think he is very lucky he chose a 'no dig' garden!











After a lot of hard work in the garden, it's always nice to clean up with a fire ... which we can do because we live in woopwoop! and not in a town, or a city!
It is almost full moon today so naturally the moon rose just as the sun was setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment