I am really disappointed ...

that my friend in China can't see this blog because it has been blocked, along with facebook and others!
So now I have a new blog at here.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

DO NOT buy from this company!!!!

This is easily the most difficult web site I have ever encountered.

A long time ago, I bought an external back-up device, SmartStor DS46oo and I couldn't get it to work.

I eventually found and downloaded the latest software from www.promise.com and it still didn't work. I decided to ask for help and was required to fill in a form with the most impossibly difficult technical questions .... got a reply telling me to download this and that with no idea of where to find them; very difficult searching, nothing is straight forward, telling me where to go but no links and I don't know what they are talking about. The whole time 2 idiots are grinning at me from the top of the page. After a whole night at this ... I had other things to do, the backups could wait.

Today I had another go at it ... I eventually found my old discussion and opened it again. I was almost finished typing my story when the page disappeared and I was told my time was up, I had to log in again. Those 2 grinning gits at the top of the page just laughed at me! I couldn't reopen the page, it kept bringing up the message that my time was up. I restarted the browser, and of course all my typing was gone!!! I had to start again.

How can any business exist on such an unfriendly verging on aggressively dangerous web site?

My SmartStor DS46oo is still not working. I'm warning you .... don't buy this or anything else that might mean you have to endure the smug grins of 2 know it all imbeciles laughing at everyone who attempts to get support at www.promise.com, I promise you ... it is not fun!


http://www.promise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment